Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

A couple of weekends ago I went to visit my sister, so I made her and her boyfriend cookies.
After playing with the recipe a bit, I've finally perfected these cookies and decided they are my new favourite.
My sister, who doesn't even like cookies (what a weirdo), even said they were good.


Chocolate Chunk Cookies
adapted from Milk & Cookies

3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup golden yellow sugar
1 egg
1/4 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups oats
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate chunks - I used 72%, but use your favourite type of chocolate

1. Process oats in a food processor until finely ground
2. Beat butter and sugars until light
3. Add egg and vanilla, mix until creamy and light
4. Add ground oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda
5. Stir in chocolate chunks
6. Cover dough and refrigerate until chilled
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
8. Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into pucks
9. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are golden
10. Om nom nom

Note: If you prefer thin, crisp cookies over thick, chewy cookies, skip the refrigeration step and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment